On the heels of film funding behemoth Tatatu, which raised a whopping $575 million USD in their ICO, comes Vancouver’s MovieCoin, a next-generation financial technology company that is leveraging blockchain technology and digital assets to, what they say, will revolutionize the film and entertainment industries.
They have just announced the start of their public presale effective today, September 17th.
With a hard cap of 10,000 BTC, the public presale follows the conclusion of MovieCoin’s private presale, which successfully reached the company’s soft cap of 2,000 BTC.
MovieCoin will accept Ethereum, Bitcoin and BKX tokens during the public presale, with the minimum commitment set at 5 BTC or equivalent. The company will simultaneously issue two types of token during the presale: the Moviecoin Utility Token (MOV) and the MovieCoin Smart Fund (MSF) Security Token. Two billion Moviecoin Utility Tokens will be sold at 0.11 USD per token, while 250 million MovieCoin Security Tokens will be sold at 1 USD per token. Initial buyers [AO1] of Moviecoin Utility Tokens will also receive up to [AO2] 25 percent in bonuses[AO3] . The public presale will end on October 30th at 00:00 [AO4] PST.
BKX tokens are issued by BANKEX, a top-20 global financial technology company that is developing MovieCoin’s Proof-of-Asset Protocol. As a variation of the ERC-20 utility tokens attached to Ethereum’s blockchain, BKX tokens are accepted for the public presale with an added five percent bonus rate.
Participants in MovieCoin public presale must complete Know Your Customer (KYC), a standard verification process that prevents capital, or token equivalents, from being used for illicit activity such as money laundering. To participate, please register at www.movie.io.
Following the conclusion of MovieCoin’s public presale, the company’s public token sale will start on November 1st, with no minimum contribution required. The public token sale will end on November 25th.
MovieCoin is a next-generation financial technology company focused on leveraging blockchain technology, digital assets and proprietary applications to become the leading entertainment settlement and transaction platform for businesses and consumers and the standard currency for funding motion pictures, television and other media.
The Company has operations spanning content finance and production, business and consumer services and technology development and licensing. MovieCoin’s content finance and production businesses offer programmatic ownership of filmed entertainment assets to financial investors seeking institutionalized exposure to premium content, while its digital assets platform provides businesses with innovative solutions to streamline operations and entertainment enthusiasts with unique and more engaging ways to participate in the movie experience.
The Company was founded in 2017 by Christopher Woodrow in partnership with BANKEX and has offices in Vancouver, British Columbia and Santa Monica, California.
- MovieCoin Rolls Out ICO for Security and Utility Tokens – September 17, 2018
- WEF Report: 65+ Ways Blockchain Technology Can Tackle Environmental Challenges – September 17, 2018
- France Goes Bullish on ICOs – Opens Doors to Tokenomics – September 17, 2018
- Tokenomy Announces the Full Launch of Tokenomy Exchange – September 17, 2018
- Pandora Boxchain Creates Reputation Token for the Ethereum network – September 13, 2018
- DNAtix Sets a New Record: Compresses DNA Sequences to 99 per cent of Original Size – September 12, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Femergy Launches Global Entrepreneurship Platform To Tackle Tech Gender Gap – September 12, 2018
- First Crypto Marathon held in Lithuania – Runners win Tokens – September 11, 2018
- EU Holds Off on Crypto Regulation – September 11, 2018
- European Parliamentarians Propose EU-Wide ICO Regulatory Framework – September 6, 2018
- Former Prime Minister of Estonia Becomes New Chairman of Blockchain Startup Lympo – September 6, 2018
- Warhol Goes Crypto – Multi Million Dollar Group Sale to 100 Participants Using Blockchain-Fueled Maecenas Platform – September 5, 2018
- Credits and Lenovo to join forces on the Internet of Things – September 5, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Wala Wins 2018 Zambezi Prize for Innovation in Financial Inclusion – September 5, 2018
- Stellar Lumen Joins Lykke Exchange – September 3, 2018
- Arteïa, The Ultimate Decentralized Cataloging Solution To Manage The Value Of Art Collections – August 30, 2018
- Neon Exchange (NEX) – First Regulated Exchange Security Token in Europe – Announces ICO – August 30, 2018
- Evident Proof Passes Smart Contract Audit with a 100 Percent Score – August 29, 2018
- Blockchain Platform Orbs Marks Strategic Expansion Into South Korea – August 29, 2018
- Lisk Rolls Out Lisk Core 1.0 to Mainnet – August 29, 2018