India’s first blockchain powered entertainment ecosystem MinersINC, is about to launch its curated VOD service called ‘myNK’ which features an eclectic collection of films, documentaries and series. While India is undoubtedly a vast and film-crazy nation, the country’s cinephiles have been increasingly seeking out films from beyond just Hollywood and Bollywood.
Wendy Bernfeld MD of Rights Stuff (digital content and licensing specialist), who has spearheaded the acquisition of the launch library:
“In the past, India was a challenging market for international rightsholders concerned about piracy and lack of transparency. Adding the blockchain backbone squarely addresses both these historic barriers and is a brilliant solution for this region, particularly when combined with curation and film fan engagement incentives.”
myNK library (at launch and growing) currently comprises 200+ films/series and select docs, sourced from 34 countries. Some featured titles include: Banksy Does New York, Burma VJ, Cinema Novo, Flamenco at 5.15, The Fabulous Allan Carr, Fish Tank, Glory, Google and the World Brain, The Light of the Moon, The Man Who Saved the Louvre, Rellik and Tonio.
Forward-thinking international launch partners include all3media, Dutch Features, ELO, First Hand Films, Imagination Films, Kew Media Distribution , National Film Board of Canada (NFB), Off The Fence/ZDF Enterprises, The Film Collaborative, WIDE and WIDE HOUSE who support MYNK’s unique incentivized social engagement and micro-distribution model, whereby fans are rewarded for their contributions, reviews, and onward-selling to other film buffs on the platform.
This works in 3 steps:
- The curators and film industry influencers introduce classic films, series and docs, not before seen in India, to the fan community for discussion and paid viewing.
- The fan community is rewarded and incentivized for further engagement activities such as commenting/reviewing, recommending and on-selling (microdistribution) of the programs to others within the community.
- All of this is transparently and securely reported 24/7 on the rightsholder dashboard, secured by blockchain.
myNK is directed & curated by acclaimed Indian filmmaker/director and the poster boy of Indian independent cinema Anurag Kashyap, along with other eminent professionals. Anurag has won multiple International awards and has been a jury member at numerous film festivals and, most recently, the director of Netflix’s first Indian Original Series Sacred Games. He also serves as a mentor to myNK and has played a key part in curating video content productions while developing knowledgeable audiences.
Gary Woolf (EVP Strategic Development, all3media) commented:
“Working with Miners Inc to make content available to the myNK platform has opened up the ability for us to take premium content direct to the Indian consumer on a transactional basis for the first time. The smart application of blockchain should allow us to reach a wide range of consumers across the country both securely and efficiently – providing our team with transparent reporting to track our success”
Nathalie Bourdon (Director, Distribution and Market Development, National Film Board of Canada) added:
“The NFB is proud to branch out to India to bring our curated collection of films to MinersINC VOD platform – an innovative, digital blockchain content provider. Partnering to create new and innovative ways to access our collection is part of the NFB DNA.”
According to Sabrina Nudeliman Wagon (CEO at ELO):
“India is one of the biggest audiovisual markets in the world, it is a must! But is very hard due to bureaucracy and other challenges. We choose to enter the market with MinersINC due to its very experienced team, unique technology and innovative business model.”
With blockchain as a foundation technology and a groundbreaking business model, the founders of MinersINC, Nitin Narkhede (Founder & CEO), Deepak Jayaram (Co-Founder & Head Strategy & Innovation) have definitely paved the way for organized entertainment of the future in India.
MinersINC is a blockchain-powered P2P platform that uses the transformative power of Blockchain Technology to connect rights holders with consumers. myNK, the flagship commercial product is an entertainment ecosystem that empowers rights holders, enables and rewards entertainment junkies and consumers, and addresses some major gaps in India’s entertainment industry. The platform will deploy a community-driven approach for offerings in movies & music, enabling rewarding interactions between the right-holders and their target audiences.
- Minersinc Brings To India The Best Of World Cinema, Curates 200+ Critically Acclaimed Titles For Cinema Enthusiasts – April 3, 2019
- Berlin-based Brickblock Tokenizes Property in Europe in Private STO – April 2, 2019
- ARTEÏA launches Token Sale for P2P Art Market Blockchain Platform – April 2, 2019
- Russia’s Largest Social Media Network VK Eyeing Crypto – March 31, 2019
- Swiss Regulators say $90 million Envion ICO was Illegal – Liquidate and Return – March 31, 2019
- Euro Stablecoin to be Launched by Universal Protocol Alliance – March 31, 2019
- eToro Acquires Smart Contract Infrastructure Provider Firmo – March 25, 2019
- UPS to work with Blockchain Company Inxeption – March 25, 2019
- Kik’s Kin Cuts Deal with MadLipz and its 40m Short Form Video Creators – March 21, 2019
- Former Prime Minister of Denmark Joins Blockchain Identity Project Concordium as Strategic Advisor – March 20, 2019
- US National Pork Board and RIPE.IO Partner to Improve Sustainability, Quality, Traceability, Waste and Fraud in the Industry – March 20, 2019
- Sumner Global Launches $100M Securitized Token Offering (STO) in Middle East – March 20, 2019
- Editorial: The Rumours of ICOs’ Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated – March 18, 2019
- French NCC Deploy IBM Blockchain For Commercial and Corporate Registries – March 15, 2019
- Bcause, To Launch Full-stack Cryptocurrency Ecosystem On Nasdaq – March 13, 2019
- SEC – Ethereum is Not a Security – March 13, 2019
- US Treasury Sanctions One of Russia’s Biggest Commercial Banks Over Backing of Venezuela’s Cryptocurrency, Petro – March 13, 2019
- Fetch.AI Solves ‘Blockchain Trilemma’ with Novel Approach to Reaching Consensus – March 13, 2019
- Boerse Stuttgart Group Cut Deal with solarisBank to Develop Crypto Trading Platform – March 12, 2019
- ECCU Plans to Issue World’s First Blockchain-Based Central Bank Digital Currency in the Caribbean – March 12, 2019