One of the world’s most widely followed music bands has finalised a partnership in a Malta-based company as it prepares to launch a revolutionary new gaming platform.
Boyce Avenue , the American pop and rock band formed in Sarasota, Florida, by brothers Alejandro, Daniel and Fabian Manzano – have taken an equity stake and endorsement deal with Quizando, the Malta-based quiz game portal that is currently undergoing major global development.
The American band has a whopping 11.5 million subscribers on its YouTube channel. Their music videos have been viewed a staggering 4 billion times, making them the most viewed independent band on the planet. The Boyce Avenue YouTube channel alone is amongst the top 200 most followed channels worldwide across all topics while they are in the top 100 streamed artists on Spotify.
“We believed in the concept of Quizando since we were first introduced to it a few months ago. After testing the site for many months, the team are now in the process of further developing the platform and we decided this was the perfect time to get involved as shareholders,” Daniel Manzano explained.
As part of its redevelopment, Quizando will be introducing a new version of the game specifically aimed at solving a number of challenges faced by the online influencer community, namely the lack of monetisation opportunities.
“We found this element of the new Quizando to be extremely exciting. We don’t want to give too much away at this point, but it will actually revolutionise the way the world’s online influencers monetize their followings,” Daniel said.
Wesley Ellul, one of Quizando’s founders, said the deal making Boyce Avenue part of the ownership team was a natural partnership.
“From the moment we started talking to Daniel and his brothers we could see how excited they were by our project and how much belief they have in what we are creating,” he said.
“Boyce Avenue are one of the greatest examples around of how to build a solid and connected digital following. Given that this is an area the new version of Quizando will focus heavily on, their input will be invaluable.”
The beta version of Quizando has been live for more than a year during which time a variety of game types and quiz styles have been tested, ensuring the new platform will be ready to deal with the mass market. Despite virtually no marketing of the site, thousands of players have already signed up.
“We wanted to make sure that a market for this type of quiz game existed and test just how extensive it is before moving on to phase two. But even we were overwhelmed by the response,” Wesley said.
“Quizando now has subscribers from more than 50 countries as far apart as the US, Australia, Mexico, China and India as well a complete cross section of European players. Its global potential is huge.”
Quizando is owned and operated by Web Matters Limited who are currently running an Initial Coin Offering (ICO) for the platform. More information about the ICO can be found on their website www.quizando.io
- DNAtix Sets a New Record: Compresses DNA Sequences to 99 per cent of Original Size – September 12, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Femergy Launches Global Entrepreneurship Platform To Tackle Tech Gender Gap – September 12, 2018
- First Crypto Marathon held in Lithuania – Runners win Tokens – September 11, 2018
- EU Holds Off on Crypto Regulation – September 11, 2018
- European Parliamentarians Propose EU-Wide ICO Regulatory Framework – September 6, 2018
- Former Prime Minister of Estonia Becomes New Chairman of Blockchain Startup Lympo – September 6, 2018
- Warhol Goes Crypto – Multi Million Dollar Group Sale to 100 Participants Using Blockchain-Fueled Maecenas Platform – September 5, 2018
- Credits and Lenovo to join forces on the Internet of Things – September 5, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Wala Wins 2018 Zambezi Prize for Innovation in Financial Inclusion – September 5, 2018
- Stellar Lumen Joins Lykke Exchange – September 3, 2018
- Arteïa, The Ultimate Decentralized Cataloging Solution To Manage The Value Of Art Collections – August 30, 2018
- Neon Exchange (NEX) – First Regulated Exchange Security Token in Europe – Announces ICO – August 30, 2018
- Evident Proof Passes Smart Contract Audit with a 100 Percent Score – August 29, 2018
- Blockchain Platform Orbs Marks Strategic Expansion Into South Korea – August 29, 2018
- Lisk Rolls Out Lisk Core 1.0 to Mainnet – August 29, 2018
- One in Four Smart Contracts Have Critical Vulnerabilities – AmaZix and Hosho partner to bring further security to the crypto community – August 29, 2018
- PlayChip Ecosystem Hits One Million Global Users – Online Gamers Embracing Cryptocurrency – August 28, 2018
- Ethos Unveils Bedrock, A Revolutionary Platform Connecting Financial Institutions With the Blockchain – August 28, 2018
- PwC survey: 84% of companies now using blockchain, so what does the future hold? – August 28, 2018
- Kingdom Trust Launches Lloyd’s of London-Insured Qualified Custody Platform for Digital Currency – August 28, 2018